Your Cart

999 pure silver has a beautiful appearance and is popular among investors.
Learn about fine silver, its advantages and disadvantages, and how to spot marks.
Are you ready? Let’s go!

Fine Silver Handmade Engraved Bullions all sizes together

What Is 999 Pure Silver?

There are no alloys in 999 fine silver, therefore it is virtually pure silver.
It is not 100 percent pure silver since it contains a certain quantity of contaminants.
Many investors only buy fine silver bullion bars and coins because it is considered investment grade.
It’s worth noting that 999 and 9999 silver are nearly identical, with only a fraction of a difference.
Although 9999 silver is considered ultra-fine, there will be no discernible difference.

What is The Value of 999 Fine Silver?

The melt value of 999 pure silver is quite simple to calculate.
Basically, you need to know how many ounces you have and multiply that by the current silver spot price.
Simply choose the.999 purity option and then enter the total weight of your things to get the value of your items.
Here you will find a site that calculate the price for you when you put the weight and the quality you want. (Note that is only raw metal, no workforce)
Every work day, the price of silver fluctuates, but the adjustments are rarely significant.
There are numerous elements that influence the price of silver, but the price is ultimately beyond your control.

Advantages:

Fine silver is the greatest type for storing, which is one of its key advantages.
Fine silver makes up almost all bullion since it takes up less space than less pure kinds of silver.
90% junk silver coins, on the other hand, take up 10% more space.
If you are paying for storage space, buying 999 fine silver can save you money.
Investors also like how simple it is to keep track of your overall silver worth.
You only need to know how many ounces you have.
The total silver value is then calculated by multiplying that number by the spot price of silver.
Finally, good silver has a more appealing appearance than the alternatives.
You’ll understand what we’re talking about if you’ve ever held a brand new one-ounce American Silver Eagle coin. Fine silver gleams brilliantly.
When you mix alloys with silver, it loses its luster. Because fine silver does not tarnish as quickly as sterling silver, it will keep its appearance for longer.

Cons:

The fundamental disadvantage of fine silver is that it is softer than other silver alloys.
Any beautiful silver item is far more likely to dent.
As a result, sterling silver is a better choice for most silver items such as jewelry, flatware, cups, and so on.
A little amount of alloys in sterling silver and other alternatives makes them harder.
Fine silver jewelry is available, but it is not as popular as gold jewelry.
Another downside is the cost.
The 999 fine silver coins are significantly more expensive than less pure silver pieces, such as the old 90% silver coins.
Of course, fine silver coins are more attractive, but they still command a considerable premium over junk silver.
Fine silver bars sell at a far lower premium for bullion purposes than fine gold bars.

999 Pure Silver Coin Australian 1 oz Kangaroo demo 1

This 999 Pure Silver Coin Australian 1 oz Kangaroo is also a great investment for your future. 

How to Recognize Markings and Stamps

Every excellent silver object will have markings.
In the United States, search for the following stamps/hallmarks: “.999”, “999”, and “.999FS”, for Chinese silver you will see “Fine Silver 999”, “Ag999”, “Ag9999” etc.
Any bullion coin or bar will have these stamps on the front.
Smaller stamps are used on jewelry pieces, and they are usually found on the interior of the piece.

99.99 Pure Silver Bar size and weight

How to recognize fake silver?

Silver bullion items in fine condition can be fairly valuable.
As a result, there are numerous counterfeits on the market.
Keep in mind that a fake silver object may appear to be real silver and may even have the correct markings.
As a result, you must exercise caution when purchasing fine silver and be aware of how to spot fake silver.
The nitric acid test is the most effective technique of testing. In our silver testing guide, we go over this and other methods.
Several approaches for both coins and general silver goods are covered in this article.

Conclusion:

We have taken a lot of time to bring you the most comprehensive article on “What is 999 pure silver”.

We hope you’ve enjoyed and appreciated learning more about this topic.

Don’t hesitate to subscribe to our private club to be, you will receive as a gift a 15% discount code valid on the whole store.

You will also receive a sneak preview email when a new post appears on full-silver.com

Free Worldwide shipping

On every orders and forever

Easy 30 days returns

30 days money back guarantee

International Warranty

Offered in the country of usage

100% Secure Checkout

American Express / MasterCard / Visa